Samsung Galaxy S5 showing sec.abt as one of the running apps

Samsung Galaxy S5 showing sec.abt as one of the running apps
System issues are among the most common problems reported by our readers. Ever since we started supporting the #Samsung #GalaxyS5, we received hundreds of those problems and I included some of them in this article. Issues like random and/or frequent reboots, SIM card recognition/detection error and getting stuck while booting up always make it to the top ten list. Read on to learn how to tackle these issues.

Other problems I cited here include glitches after turning off multi-window mode, sec.abt service sucking up the battery and issues after successful rooting process. I provided some explanations as well as recommendations on what to do if they occur. You may click on the link below to jump to a specific issue to know how to address it in case you encounter something similar.
For other concerns, visit our troubleshooting page and find issues that are related and use the existing solutions. If they won’t work or if you couldn’t find something similar to your problem, FB Page to contact us.
Galaxy S5 showing sec.abt as one of the running apps
ProblemHave something showing up with a green Android man on my apps running list; lists as sec abt version 3.1.93. I think but not sure it’s draining my battery.  It can’t be force stopped or if I uninstall it, it reinstalls itself in seconds. I’ve downloaded Greenify but even that can’t hibernate it. I have done a Factory Reset on my phone and started it up with no apps at all on it but this thing still there. I have also done a wipe cache partition on it. Any offers as to what this is. If I need it and if I don’t, how to get permanently rid of it please? Many thanks,Marion.
Answer: As you said, it’s already in your phone after you did the factory reset without installing any apps. It means it’s one of those pre-installed apps or services. It’s embedded in the firmware and unless you have a root access, you can’t get rid of it. But to give you an idea what it is, it’s a service that allows users to track the device and do remote lock or wipe. It’s very useful for lost phones. It’s not exclusive to Galaxy S5 as Nexus devices also have it so are other Android phones running Kitkat and up.
So, it’s nothing to worry about and it is, in fact, one of the apps that use the battery but I don’t think it uses that much because 99% of the time this service is idle.

No comments: