How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 20]

How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 20]


Aside from sending us an email you may also contact us through ourFacebook and Google+ social media accounts.
M8 Constant Notification Issue
ProblemHi I have had my HTC for quite a few months now the I think is great. Just one issue I have is when I receive a text or an email my phone constantly notifies me until I activate the home screen lock. Could you tell me is there a way to set phone so notification is just once. Thanks in advance.
Solution: One of the best features of this phone is that the LED flashes whenever you get a new notification. Unfortunately, there is very little user control for this feature.
The only settings available for LED notifications are as follows.
  • Go to Settings, and then tap Display & gestures or Display, gestures & buttons.
  • Under Notification light, tap Flash notifications. Choose whether to always flash the LED or flash it only when the screen is off.
  • Tap App notifications. Choose which app notifications you want the LED to flash for.
If you would like to have more control over the way the LED works then you should consider downloading a third party tool from the Google Play Store that can manage the LED light.
M8 Voice Recorder Not Working
ProblemHi, I hope you guys can help. My M8 Voice Recorder app has inexplicably stopped working. The app opens fine but when I hit record the timer stalls at 00:01 and doesn’t record any audio. I thought this might be because I had too many recordings so I deleted them all. Still doesn’t work. Then I thought I had too many files downloaded so I deleted the vast majority of these but it still doesn’t work. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
Solution:  This might just be an app related issue. You should try clearing the cache of your voice recorder app then check if your voice recorder works. Most cases like this are usually caused by a corrupt temporary data stored in the app and clearing the cache gets rid of this corrupt data.
  • From a home screen, tap the Apps icon
  • Tap Settings.
  • From the DEVICE section, tap App manager.
  • From the ALL tab, tap the Voice Recorder app.
  • From the Cache section, tap Clear cache.
M8 Camera/Auto Screen Rotation Issues
ProblemHi all, I love this mobile but I have problems with it: 1. The camera shortcut is not working, I have tried many times, it works once in a while. Auto screen rotation is disappointing. I have to calibrate it most of the time. I have taken it in for repair twice as it is still under contract. I am taking it back again. Your advice, much appreciated. Thanks.
Solution: It appears that the best solution for your phone is to do a factory reset. This eliminates the possibility of a software glitch causing these problems. You should however backup your data first before performing this procedure as it will be deleted in the process.
Note: Make sure to disable the Fast boot options first from your phone settings.
  • Turn off the phone.
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key
  • While holding Volume Down, press the Power key to turn the phone on. Release Power when the phone vibrates but continue to hold Volume Down
  • When the exclamation mark appears on the display, release Volume Down.
  • Press the following keys in order. Nothing will change on the screen while entering the sequence of buttons key. Press the Volume Up key, Press the Volume Down key, Press the Power button, Press the Volume Down key.
  • The phone will automatically reset.
  • During the reset, two gears rotate on the display for up to 5 minutes, after which the display goes blank for about 30 seconds.
If the issue still persists then this may be a hardware related problem. You should take the phone back and get a new one.
M8 Call Sound Issue
ProblemGood evening I’m having issues with my HTC. When I make phone calls I must be on speaker in order for the receiving person to hear me.  And I have some app lagging happening. Like for instance I had trouble uploading a video to Facebook.  Is there anything I can do to fix the sound issue?
Solution: You should first try to wipe the cache partition of your phone and see if that resolves the issues. If it doesn’t then a master reset is highly recommended. Just make sure o backup your phone data first before proceeding.
To wipe the cache partition
  • Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key.
  • Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
  • Continue holding the Volume Down.
  • Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
  • Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
  • Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
  • The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
  • Press the Up Volume key and Power key at the same time.
  • Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
  • Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
  • Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
  • Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
To do a master reset
  • Turn off the phone.
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key
  • While holding Volume Down, press the Power key to turn the phone on. Release Power when the phone vibrates but continue to hold Volume Down
  • When the exclamation mark appears on the display, release Volume Down.
  • Press the following keys in order. Nothing will change on the screen while entering the sequence of buttons key. Press the Volume Up key, Press the Volume Down key, Press the Power button, Press the Volume Down key.
  • The phone will automatically reset.
  • During the reset, two gears rotate on the display for up to 5 minutes, after which the display goes blank for about 30 seconds.
M8 Volume Too Low
ProblemI feel that my HTC ONE M8 speakers volume has been reduced slightly before during the starting days of my phone the volume was very loud now it has been dropped please give a solution for this issue.
Solution: Try going to your volume settings and set it to maximum. If the sound seems low then check the speaker grill to see if anything is blocking it. Sometimes dirt may get in the way and lower affect the volume of your device. If you spot any dirt then clean it out using a toothpick.
Another possible cause as to why the sound is low is a glitch in your phone software. You should backup your data then do a factory reset. After the factory reset has completed try checking on your volume again.
If you are still getting a low volume then the drop may have affected some hardware component in your phone that controls the volume. Your best option is to bring your phone to an authorized service center for checking.
M8 Saving Photos From Facebook Messenger
ProblemI’m not exactly tech savy and was hoping you’d be able to help me. My HTC m8 is awesome but just recently it started saving pictures from my Facebook messenger and it’s starting to irritate me. Anyway, if you could possibly direct me step by step on how to address this issue that would be great. Thank you for your time.
Solution: The setting to save photos from the Facebook Messenger app automatically to your phone gallery may be activated. To change this open the Facebook Messenger app then click on the settings icon. Make sure that there is no check mark for Photos (Save incoming photos to your Gallery).
M8 Disable Google Voice Keyboard
ProblemHello, My dad somehow has managed to turn on the Google Voice keyboard on his HTC One M8. When going through the settings > Language & Keyboard I have been unable to find any alternative options to change the keyboard (it is highly possible that I just do not know what I am looking for). I have been searching the internet trying to solve this issue, and I have also noticed that when in Messages there is no keyboard icon in the status bar. I am not sure if that is an issue or not. I would appreciate any advice you could share on this topic, and if I have left out any information please let me know.
Solution: Have you tried going to your phone settings – language & keyboard – then uncheck the Google Voice typing option? This usually sets your phone back to its default keyboard. You may also want to reboot your phone if the voice option for entering messages is still active.
M8 Touch Screen Not Working
ProblemHi I replaced my htc one m8 screen on the front. The phone turns on everything appears to work. I just can’t use the touch screen it doesn’t respond to my finger. Any help? Thank you.
Solution: If the display of your phone is working fine then the issue may be with the digitizer or the digitizer flex cable. Open your phone again and check if the flex cable is loose. It is also likely that the digitizer may be damaged in which case you need to replace it. Since the digitizer of the M8 is fuse to the LCD you may have to replace the whole display unit.

No comments: