How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 6]

How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 6]



Aside from sending us an email you may also contact us through ourFacebook and Google+ social media accounts.
M8 Suddenly Turned Off, Does Not Turn Back On
ProblemHi my phone was on more than 60% battery and has been working fine but when I was in the next room with the door open between the rooms I heard a notification sound from my device (I assumed it was a text or email) when I looked at my phone it was off even though nobody else was in the room with my phone and I had left it on. I tried several times to turn it on with the power button and when I had no luck found my usb cable and connected it to my laptop. For some reason my laptop didn’t recognize that I had connected my phone or any device at all and my phone didn’t react either. I’m baffled and gutted because I don’t know what else to do. Please can you help?
Solution: What we need to do first is to find out if this is a battery issue. Using the original wall charger that came with your phone charge it for around 2 hours. After 2 hours try turning it on and see if your phone responds. If it doesn’t then follow the troubleshooting steps below.
If the issue is caused by your device entering debug mode
  • Press and hold the Power and Volume up keys for a full 10 seconds. The device should boot up.
  • If this does not work the first time, connect the device to a charger and try again.
If the issue is caused by the battery drain logic being corrupted
  • Plug device into the provided HTC wall charger that came with the device.
  • Press and hold the Power, Volume up and Volume down keys for 1 – 2 full minutes. The battery should re-calibrate and the device will then turn on.
M8 Speaker Sound Not Loud Enough
Problem: Hello, I own an HTC one m8. I have been using it for the past 2 months. I feel that my speaker’s aren’t as loud as I’ve seen or read in reviews of this phone. I use the stock music player. No other player installed. The phone hasn’t fallen down even once. So no physical damage. There is no dirt in the speaker grill. The sound is definitely clear in fact it’s very clear but I feel it’s just not loud enough. Is it just me or is there any problem?
Solution: Several owners of the device have said that the speaker is loud enough while other say that it isn’t. The only way really to determine the loudness of the speaker of this phone is to quantify it by measuring it with a decibel meter. The Google Play Store offers several decibel meter apps that you can download for free. Use any standard mp3 song with a high bit rate and play it through the speaker of your phone. Position another smartphone installed with the decibel meter app a foot away from the speaker of your M8 while it is playing music and take a reading of the sound level. Copy the same mp3 file play to another smartphone (preferable another HTC One M8) and take the sound measurement as well. Compare both readings.
M8 GPS Not Accurate
Problem: Hi, I’m having issues with GPS on the one M8. When using various sports apps the GPS doesn’t not record accurately and often shoots of in the wing direction for up to a few miles then sharply returns to the path I’m on. If I was to run 2 Laos off my village the first lap is recorded fine but then the second is completely wrong. The GPS records as if I have been running through buildings and field. Power saver is not on and mobile internet is. I’ve tried a GPS booster app but didn’t help. Any suggestions? Thank you
Solution: Several owners of this phone have also reported similar issues on their device. What you need to do first is to check for any new software updates that may be available for your phone. An update usually contains improvements and bug fixes that may address this issue.
The next thing that you should consider doing is to perform a factory reset on your device. Take note that this will erase all data on your phone so it is best to make a backup first before proceeding.
Master reset from settings
  • Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
  • Tap Reset phone.
  • If you want to delete media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data.
  • To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.
  • Tap OK.
Master reset using hardware buttons (Fast boot option in Settings > Power must not be selected.)
  • Turn off device
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 Messages Not Sent
ProblemI have the HTC One M8 thru Sprint and for the most part have not had many issues with messaging, that I know of, other than when sending pics to other people I am told that some can’t receive them on the other end.  Also, when I send a message there is a red exclamation point next to the message after I hit send.  If I click on the message status it shows as sent but sometimes I don’t get a response until quite some time later.  Is it not sending right away?
Solution: It appears that your messages are not sent right away. Try rebooting your phone as this will refresh its status with your network. Once your phone has fully rebooted try sending a message again. If you are still getting the same issue then you should clear the cache and data of your messaging app. If you have any important messages in your phone I suggest to make a backup of it first.
  • From a home screen, tap Apps icon
  • Tap Settings.
  • From the DEVICE section, tap App manager.
  • From the ALL tab, tap the Messaging app.
  • From the Cache section, tap Clear cache.
  • From the Storage section, tap Clear data.
M8 Folder Keeps Showing In Gallery Even If Deleted
ProblemI don’t know how or why but just about every day in my gallery a folder shows up called campsignicons with 2 pictures in it a distorted z and an exclamation point. I delete them and a little while later they show up again. Has been going on for about 2 weeks my phone was bought thru Sprint 4-5 months ago. Help?
Solution: The folder is associated with an app installed in your device which means that even if you try to delete the folder it will still keep coming back. Several owners of the M8 who are facing the same issue say that the folder is associated with the Weatherbug app. Do you by any chance have this app installed in your phone? If you have then try uninstalling the app. The folder will then disappear.

No comments: