How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 5]

How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 5]







you may also contact us through our Facebook and Google+ social media accounts.
M8 Headphone Jack Stopped Working
ProblemI pulled out my earbuds from the phone. I didn’t think much of it, but the headphone symbol remained lit on the phone. I rebooted. After that put the headphones into the jack and there is no headphone symbol lighting up, and the headphone have no sound. Playing a song or vid comes through the speakers. I plugged the buds into another player and they seem to work fine. 1) plugging headset into the jack and the jack symbol does not appear on the phone. 2) with the headset plugged in (albeit without the symbol appearing) and sound comes out of the speakers. Anyone else having this issue?
Solution: This might just be caused by dirt getting stuck in the headphone jack. Try cleaning it carefully using a toothpick then insert your earbuds. If the issue is caused by dirt it should be working fine by now. If it still doesn’t work then you might want to do a master reset on your device. This allows your device to revert back to its original state when you turned it on for the first time. Be aware that your data will be lost in this process so make a backup first.
Master reset from settings
  • Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
  • Tap Reset phone.
  • If you want to delete media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data.
  • To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.
  • Tap OK.
Master reset using hardware buttons (Fast boot option in Settings > Power must not be selected.)
  • Turn off device
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 Does Not Turn On
ProblemMy HTC One died suddenly on me as well.  The last time it worked, i plugged it in to charge right before going to bed as I always did. When I woke, the phone was off. I tried turning it on, but nothing happened. The charging indicator doesn’t turn on either. I attempted a hard reboot of the device by holding power and down on the volume button, but that didn’t work either. By this point, I had the phone for a little over a year and I knew I wasn’t going to be able to replace it for free, so I bought a used phone online. However I am now wondering if there is anyway to see if I can have this phone repair, even if I have to pay for the repair myself. Any suggestions?
Solution: Have you tried using a different wall charger on your device? There are cases when a phone has fully drained and when charged using a faulty charger it will not turn on. Try using a different charger that is known to work and leave your device charging for 30 minutes. If you still can’t turn it on then the problem may be in the battery or the device itself. Replacing the battery though is difficult so your best option right now is to bring your device to an authorized service center for proper checking.
M8 Blurry Camera Photos
ProblemThe camera takes blurry pictures, regardless of the distance, light, angle, etc. Everything is blurry. I have had the camera since May, and it just started about 2 days ago. Help!
Solution: If you have another camera app installed in your device try using it and see if the photos taken are still blurry. If not then what you need to do is clear the cache and data of your Camera app by going to Settings- Apps – Go to All tab- find the Camera app and clear cache and data. If the photos taken by your other camera app are still blurry then one possible reason for this is that the camera lens coating has been scratched or damaged. What you need to do is just take a piece of cloth and wipe the coating away from the lens. Try using a cotton bud with a little toothpaste on it to clean away the coating. Once the lens is clear your photos will no longer be blurry.
M8 Microphone Not Working
Problem: I bought my M8 a couple months ago and everything was great until two months ago, one of my friend told me that she couldn’t hear what I was saying. It was a complete silence. I asked different people to call me, and the problem is the same. The thing is, I can still hear everyone but no one can hear me unless I yell at the speakerphone, or use the headset to talk. I tried to restart, then reset the phone, then update the newest version, blow in the bottom mic, and clean the hole, but nothing works. It’s really got me frustrated. I mean whenever someone call me, I gotta find a headset to plug in, and by the time I do it, it takes too long and they hang up. So what should I do next?
Solution: If you already updated your software, did a master reset, and clean the bottom mic then the problem may already be with the hardware. The microphone of your device may already be faulty and will need to be replaced. Your best option is to bring your device to an authorized service center and have it repaired.
M8 SMS Sending Issue
ProblemThis started a few days ago. Sometimes I’ll send a text and it will have the little “pending” symbol next to it. That never goes away. But then I’ll get a reply to the text. So it is obviously being sent. However, now I constantly wonder if my texts are really sent or if they’re stuck truly pending.Solution: What you need to do first is to check if you are using the latest software update for your device. If there are updates then I suggest you download them and install them. These updates usually contains improvements and fixes that may help resolve the issue.
If you are using a non-native SMS app then I suggest you switch back to the default SMS application and try sending a message with it. If possible uninstall other SMS apps. If the issue still exists then delete all the messages in your device. Make sure to make a copy of all the important ones first. Next delete the cache and data of the default messaging app.
  • From the Setting menu, touch Apps or Application Manager.
  • Verify the All tab is selected.
  • Find and touch the Messaging application.
  • Touch Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Your issue should be resolved after this.
M8 Not Able To Connect To Mobile Data
ProblemI recently purchased a new unlocked HTC One on Amazon.  Phone is awesome and works well.  I have a new micro-SIM installed.  I am able to get Wi-Fi connection.  I am not able to get my data to work when I am not around a Wi-Fi signal.  I get 500mb free through my T-Mobile plan.  The weird thing is that I can get data to work on my old HTC G2, but not on my new HTC One.  What is the difference, I think I am missing something here?
Solution: Since this is an unlocked device the mobile network settings for T-Mobile may not be set yet. This is probably why you can connect to Wi-Fi but not to mobile data. Check and see if you have the correct APN setting and do the necessary adjustments.
  • Name: T-MOBILE
  • APN: fast.tmobile.com
  • Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
  • Port: <Leave in Blank>
  • Username: <Leave in Blank>
  • Password: <Leave in Blank>
  • Server: <Leave in Blank>
  • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  • MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
  • MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 260
  • Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
  • APN type: default,supl,mms
  • APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one
M8 Pictures Disappearing
Problem: Hi, I have the htc one m8, stock rom. It’s great phone and everything seems okay except sometimes photos and videos I take are there and then when I go to view them again in the gallery, in their place is an exclamation mark inside a triangle and I can’t open them. This doesn’t happen to all photos and videos just some and to be honest its quite annoying, I took some photos from my mum’s birthday party and now they appear to be gone. The photos save automatically to my external sd card. When I connect the phone to my PC these photos and videos won’t display or open. But they have different file sizes so I guess they’re still there if that makes any sense. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
Solution: If your photos or videos are missing in your SD card then it is a sign that it is corrupt. What you need to do is make a backup the contents of your SD card to your PC. You then have two choices, you can format the SD card and try to use it again. There will be a possibility that the problem will return. The other option is to get a new SD card.
M8 Volume Button Loose
ProblemI just bought a HTC ONE M8 and when i get home, i notice the volume button is loose, what can i do? is a $700 Phone and other phone like that are no loose like my htc m8. im going today to the store to see if they replace my phone. Can you suggest any other way to fix this?
Solution: The volume button on your phone should not be loose. Since this is newly purchased then you can have it easily replaced with another unit. Just be sure to check everything out with the new unit and see if there are any defects.
M8 Intermittent Texting Issue
ProblemI’ve had the phone (M8) for 3 weeks.  About 1 in 20 texts never go out and I have to send them again.  I recently discovered that they are somehow stuck and when I reboot the phone they all go out at once, which totally confuses the recipients. I’m also seeing them go out in the wrong order if I send two or more in a row.  The first one will lag for several minutes while the second one goes out within seconds, while a third may never go out at all.  This also confuses the recipients. Any suggestions on what I can try to determine whether this is my phone, a software issue or a carrier issue?  I have a strong LTE signal, and as mentioned, the problem is intermittent in a short span of time.  I’ve tried different SMS apps — all have the same problem, so I’m back to using the default texting app.  Not sure if that’s HTC’s or Android.
Solution: What you need to do first is to check if your device is running on the latest system software. Next, uninstall any third-party SMS app and use only the default messaging app. Do a soft reset of your device.
  • Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
  • When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
Verify if the problem still exists.
If it does then determine if it occurs in a particular location or if it occurs anywhere you are. If this issue only occurs in your home but not at work then it might be a network related issue. I suggest calling your network provider to verify the coverage in your area. You could also try to insert another SIM in your device to verify if this is a SIM related issue.
One final step that needs to be done is a master reset. This reverts your device to its original state when you first turned it on. Be aware that data will be lost in this process so it is recommended that you make a backup first.
Here’s the list of what will be removed when a master reset is done
  • Your Google Account
  • All accounts you’ve added in Settings > Accounts & sync and the data associated with these accounts
  • Personal data that you’ve created or synced to the phone such as your profile, contacts, messages, email, calendar events, and more
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded apps
  • Files such as your music, photo
To do a master reset
  • Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
  • Tap Reset phone.
  • If you want to delete media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data.
  • To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.
  • Tap OK.


No comments: