How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 13]

How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 13]

Aside from sending us an email you may also contact us through ourFacebook and Google+ social media accounts.

M8 No Sound Issue
ProblemI have a recently new M8 and all of a sudden it doesn’t have any external sound or volume. How do I fix this problem?
Solution: Does this audio related issue happen when you are using any particular app (YouTube, Video player, music player) or does it happen in all applications? The first thing that you need to do is to check the audio settings. Your phone might be in silent or vibrate mode. Try doing any of the following below.
  • To change from vibrate to normal mode, press the VOLUME UP button.
  • To change from silent to normal mode, press the VOLUME UP button twice.
  • Press and hold the POWER button for a few seconds, and then select a sound profile on the options menu
You should also try rebooting your phone as this might just be a glitch in the software. Turn your phone off by pressing on the power button then turn it back on after a few seconds.
If this issue occurs when you are using a particular application then you might want to try clearing the cache of that application.
  • From a home screen, tap Apps Apps icon
  • Tap Settings.
  • From the DEVICE section, tap App manager.
  • From the ALL tab, tap an app.
  • Note To switch tabs, swipe the screen left or right.
  • From the Cache section, tap Clear cache.
M8 Top Screen Frozen After 4.4.4 Update
ProblemSince I updated to 4.4.4 software on my HTC one m8 the top of the screen has frozen making me have to put my phone in landscape view to change webpages and to turn location services on how can I fix this.
Solution: Generally, if any issues occur after a major software update the best course of action is to do a factory reset. The reason why these issues are occurring is because of the left over data from the previous software version. This data which normally should have been removed during the update process is still present in your phone and the only way to effectively delete it is to do a factory reset. Just make sure to backup your personal data first before doing this procedure.
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 Hotspot Issues
Problem: Hi Droid guy….I have recently purchased an htc m8 phone which I’m quite happy with but recently it has developed mobile Hotspot issues. The problem began when I was using the Hotspot service of my phone for my Samsung tablet when I turned off the Hotspot for a short period of time to go out, when I returned I turned on both devices and activated my Hotspot on my phone and it said saved secured but would not allow me to connect. I have canceled my old Hotspot settings on my phone and tablet and redone the settings on both devices but it refuses to connect still coming up with saved secured, my tablet has no problem connecting to my home WI fi. I think just prior to this issue my phone did some updates….could this upset it? Google says I may have to preform a factory reset which I would rather not do. Any advice is appreciated.
Solution: A software update may have affected the hotspot feature of your phone. Since doing a factory reset is out of the question you could try removing the hotspot setting, reboot the phone, and then set it up again.
Some of the things to consider before using the hotspot feature are as follows
  • Make sure the data connection is turned on.
  • You must have an approved data plan associated with your account from your mobile service provider to use this service. Devices connected to your Wi‍-Fi hotspot use data from your subscribed data plan.
To setup the Wi-Fi hotspot
  • Go to Settings, and then under Wireless & networks, tap More.
  • Tap Mobile network sharing > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
  • The first time you turn on the Wi‍-Fi hotspot, you’ll need to set it up.
  • Enter a hotspot name or use the default.
  • Enter a password or use the default.
  • Tap the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot On/Off switch to turn it on.
M8 Reset Issue
ProblemHello, Firstly thank you for providing the answers to so many questions. My issue with my phone is that it seems to be trying to reset itself. The screen will get a pop up with the phone options like what you would get from pressing the power button down. It will then start to go to a darker screen and tells you that the phone is looking to shut down and restart. At the same time all this is going on when you press the home button it will take a screen shot. On occasion if I don’t notice the power options being activated it will restart itself and then pop up with a send error report option after an unexplained restart. If this has been explained elsewhere I’m happy to re read that but if not any light on this issue would be excellent as otherwise my phone is and has been working fine. Thank you in advance if you can help me.
Solution: This issue that your phone is having could either be software or hardware related. If this is a software related issue then the best thing to do in this case is a factory reset. This brings your phone back to its original setting when it was brand new. Just make sure that you backup all your important data first before performing this procedure.
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
If the factory reset fails to solve this problem then this could already be a hardware related issue. Your best option then is to bring your phone to an authorized service center for checking.
M8 Cannot Send Or Receive Pictures
Problem: I bought unlocked htc one m8 off eBay . I am having issues with sending and receiving pictures. When I receive a picture it comes in the way of a download instead of just the picture. I am unable to download these pictures that are sent. The pictures I try to send are kicked back to my phone. I am on straight talk network. Any idea as how to fix this issue?
Solution: Since you bought your phone unlocked then chances are the APN and Internet settings are not properly setup for the Straight Talk network. You can contact Straight Talk customer support to have them walk you through in setting this up. You can also follow the steps below to setup your phone.
Open App Drawer and go to Settings – Wireless & Networks – More – Mobile Networks – Access Point Names. Press the + button on the top right corner.
  • Enter name: Straight Talk
  • APN: tfdata
  • Proxy:
  • Port:
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server:
  • MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
  • MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
  • MMS Port: 80
  • MCC:
  • MNC:
  • Authentication type:
  • APN type: default, admin, fota, mms, supl, hipri
Press menu button (top right) and select Save.
Another option is to download the “Straight Talk Data Settings” from the Google Play Store. This is an app that makes it easy to get the correct Straight Talk settings in your phone.
M8 Sending Contacts Using SMS
ProblemHello! I’m using HTC M8. And i want to send my contacts to someone by sms, but i can’t do it. could you tell me how?
Solution: This can easily be done by pressing and holding the name of the contact (not the icon or photo), and then tap Send contact as vCard.
M8 Freezing Issue After Update
ProblemHi guys…please help. I juust updated the latest htc software release 329.161.9- as advised and immediately i have issues. The phone freezes and advises me to restart using power and vol up buttons. If I press the menu button while phone is frozen..it takes a screenshot!!. However, after restart phone functions ok for a while then freezes again. It repeats this over and over with no definable cause. I contacted HTC support ..and was advised the only option was to perform hard reset..and that I will probably loose some personal files ,some contacts ,sent emails etc..and it “should” solve the update issues…..!!! Professional or what. Any suggestions you might have would be really appreciated….thanks
Solution: The advise given by HTC support is correct. The best way to resolve this issue is by doing a factory reset. You should however backup your data first before performing this procedure. You can use the HTC Sync Manager which is a software you can download from the HTC website and runs in your computer to backup your data.
To do a factory reset
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 SMS Sending Issue
ProblemHello! So, just to give as much background as possible, I have an HTC One M8, T-Mobile network, got the phone in June of 2014.. I dropped my phone outside around midnight on Saturday 11/15, it stayed powered on, outside in a thick case in slightly cold weather until about 3pm on Sunday 11/16, when it started raining. It was facedown in the rain and seemed to have no damage when i went and recovered it at 12am on Sunday 11/16. I checked the camera and speakers, both worked, the internet works, it sends texts and makes calls, wifi works… If it makes any difference, my mobile data was off for the entire duration of the phone being outside.
Now, the phone seemed to be working totally fine, and I’m NOT entirely sure if the issue i’m having is related to this incident of it being left outside, but it was NOT happening prior to Saturday 11/15.
Now the issue… when I try to send a text message that is longer than 1 page/160 characters, it will say sent on my phone/on my end, but whoever is supposed to be receiving it never gets it. It doesn’t make a difference whether I am using wi-fi calling and texting, or just cellular network. picture messages send and are received successfully by the other party. It seems to be only SMS messages over 160 characters.
Do you know what is causing this problem, or how I could fix it? Thank you very much!
Solution: Do you have access to another SIM card? If you have then use it in your phone and try sending out a message with it that is more than 160 characters long. If it is successfully received by the recipient then the issue may be with your account or the SIM itself.
You can also try clearing the cache and data of your Messaging app. Make sure to have a backup copy of your important SMS as this will be deleted.
  • Open “Settings” and go to “Apps”
  • Swipe right to get to “All” tab
  • Find the Messaging App by searching or sorting
  • Tap the app
  • Hit the “Clear cache” button to clear app cache
  • Hit the “Clear Data” button to clear data app

No comments: