How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 12]

How To Fix Common HTC One M8 Problems and Errors [Part 12]


Aside from sending us an email you may also contact us through ourFacebook and Google+ social media accounts.
M8 Software Update Issue
ProblemHello, I am writing this E-mail to you because at this moment i am facing a problem with my unlocked HTC One M8. After I bought it,it successfully updated to Android 4.4.3.The 4.4.4 update has been out for some time. I tried to update it manually but it says that no updates are available for this device. I contacted the htc support via online chat ,firstly the USA support and then the Romania support as i live in Romania. They could not help me. When i gave them my IMEI they said that my phone is fabricated in Singapore and i should contact the Singapore support. Sadly,the Singapore support is externally unavailable. I am glad that you took some time to read my E-mail.
Solution: These updates are usually follow a scheduled release. Your phone may be following the release schedule of the territory of its release, which in your case is Singapore. You can try manually checking for the update regularly to see when Android 4.4.4 becomes available.
  • Go to Settings, and then tap About.
  • Tap Software updates. HTC One checks if updates are available.
If you really must have the latest software version then there is another way of getting it in your phone. The procedure however is a bit complicated as you will have to manually flash the latest firmware to your device. Instructions on how to do this can be found at the popular Android forums online.
M8 Stuck In Safe Mode
ProblemI have a brand new m8 and I am not sure what I did but it’s stuck in safe mode. I have done everything I know to do in order to disable safe mode which includes, restarting the device and restoring back to factory settings. When I restart the device it goes to the hboot screen and won’t allow me to do anything but turn my phone off. The only way to get it past the hboot screen is by starting from off mode and holding down the power button and up volume key. Also my volume down key won’t work at all and the button itself isn’t jammed. Please if u can help I appreciate it. Thank you.
Solution: Since this is a new phone and there appears to be some problem with it being stuck in Safe Mode as well as its Volume down button not working then you might be able to get it replaced.
In my opinion the reason why your phone always boots in Safe mode is because the Volume down key is always activated. Entering Safe Mode requires the Volume button to be pressed down and if this button has a defect where it activates all the time then your phone will always be in Safe Mode.
Before returning your phone try the following troubleshooting steps below to eliminate any software related causes.
Do a hard restart
  • Press and hold the Power key.
  • On the screen, touch and hold Restart under Phone Options.
  • When the ‘Restart phone’ message appears, tap RESTART.
  • When the phone restarts it will no longer be in safe mode.
If that does not work then do a factory reset (make sure to back up your data first)
  • Remove your SD card if this has information you do not want to lose
  • Go to the Settings app
  • Scroll down to and select “Backup & reset“
  • Select “Reset phone“
  • Scroll down and tick the “Erase all data” box. Tick the “Erase SD card” to format any SD card in the device
  • Press OK then OK at the following prompt
M8 Camera Vibration
ProblemHello, I updated my M8 to the latest software which is Android 4.4.4. And when I used the phone I went to the camera app and it started making this noise and I noticed that it was a vibration coming from under the camera.. Can you please help me and no I don’t have the time nor money to get it sent in to get it replaced or repair. What do you suggest. P.S the camera comes up all blurry because of the vibration and it only does it when I enter A Camera app. Instagram, Snapchat, ETC. Thank You for your patience.
Solution: The noise and vibration that you can hear coming out of the camera area of your phone is most probably caused by the hardware zoom assembly. When this component has a difficulty in moving to either zoom in or out a sound can be heard. Photos taken when this occurs comes out blurry since the camera will not be able to focus properly. In cases like this you should bring your phone to an authorized service center to have it checked properly.
Before bringing your phone for repair you first check if the problem is software related. You can do this by performing a factory reset on your phone. Just make sure to back up any important data you have stored since this will be deleted.
  • Turn off device
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 Cannot Adjust Volume When On Calls
ProblemHello, I just saw one of your article on drippler. I have a problem with my device. The sound cannot go up or down when I make on a phone call. And this, either with speakerphone or normal. It works when I play music but not with a phone call. Thanks for your feedback.
Solution: The first thing to do in cases like this is to check if there are any new software updates available for your phone and apply the accordingly. These updates come with improvements and bug fixes that may help resolve this issue.
Since you mentioned that volume control works with any other function except when making calls then this is most likely caused by a software issue. You should check if an app is causing this problem by starting your phone in Safe Mode. Make sure fast boot is disabled first.
  • Press and hold the Power button (located on the top edge of the device) until the ‘Phone options’ prompt appears then release.
  • Tap and hold Power off until the ‘Reboot to safe mode’ prompt appears then release.
  • From the ‘Reboot to safe mode’ prompt, tap RESTART to confirm.
  • Allow approximately 1 minute for the process to complete.
  • Upon reboot, ‘Safe mode’ appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen.
Once in Safe Mode try placing a call and check if you can adjust the volume. If you can then the issue is most likely caused by an app that you installed. Find out what that app is an either update it or uninstall it.
One final troubleshooting step you can do is to perform a factory reset. This bring your phone back to its original condition when you first bought it. Make sure to back up your data first as this will be deleted in the process.
  • Turn off device
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 Headphone Icon Always Active
ProblemI can’t hear my music or videos I play on my phone … It has a headphone icon on but mine isn’t plug in. I hear my notifications tho.
Solution: The reason why you can’t hear any sound when playing music or videos is because your phone thinks that a headphone is connected to it. This explains why there is a headphone icon on your display. This is caused by an issue with the 3.5mm jack in your phone.
Try cleaning the 3.5mm headphone hack by blasting compressed air in it. You could also use a toothpick to try to clean it and dislodge any dirt that may have accumulated inside. Dirt is known to cause this type of issue.
You can also plug your headphones in and out the 3.5mm jack a couple of times. This allows the software of your phone to detect the presence of the headphones and deactivate it once it is taken out. This procedure eliminates any software related glitches that may be causing this issue.
M8 Picture Message Issues
ProblemHi Guys, I have an HTC One M8 and have been having issues receiving pictures via text messaging. It is not consistent and one day I receive them from a contact, and then I can’t. This is with both android and iphone and different carriers – so far tmobile and sprint. How can I get all the pictures that are sent to me via text messaging to appear?
Solution: Since you can receive picture messages this means that your settings are correct. The only problem is that you are not receiving these messages consistently and that it occurs in both Android and iPhone. The problem her could be network related. Sending and receiving a picture message requires a data connection and if this connection is spotty there is a chance that you won’t be getting the message.
You should first contact your carrier regarding this issue and inquire if your account doesn’t have any issues or if there is no network problem in your area.
M8 Can’t Play Videos
ProblemHello have a quick question concerning me not being able to view any videos on my HTC One M8.. I had no problems until now so I’m wondering if it’s just a setting in phone that might triggered this issue. When trying to view video it tells me either it can’t connect to server or video isn’t in right format. Is there anything I can do to fix problem?
Solution: Does this issue happen when you are streaming videos (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) or does it also happen when you are watching video stored in your phone? If your phone can’t play all kinds of videos then this might be caused by an app that you recently downloaded or it could be a glitch in the software.
One quick way to resolve this issue is to perform a factory reset. Make sure to back up your data first before performing this procedure.
  • Turn off device
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
M8 Retrieving Data
ProblemHi there, I had my phone with me when I went to the beach today and I accidentally got sea water on the device. It isn’t working now and I don’t want to lose all the media and messages I have. What should I do?
Solution: In order for you to retrieve the data in your phone it should be turned on first. Since your phone got water damaged then it’s difficult to troubleshoot it unless it is opened. Your best option is to bring the phone to an authorized service center for inspection. Once they can manage to turn your phone on then you can start to retrieve its data.


No comments: