CORRUPTED FILES ON GALAXY S6 GALLERY

CORRUPTED FILES ON GALAXY S6 GALLERY.

All photos disappeared from My Gallery a few days ago. I have done everything to restore photos back to Gallery. I found some of the photos in my SD CARD but I cannot figure out how to move photos back to Gallery.
Also, I have several like solid white boxes or white squares and each with a number under it. I’m sure this is the rest of my photos but I can not find a way to open them. Tried a few zip file, zip 7 files opener from the Google Play Store. Only when I click on the white square I get a message saying no application on this device can open this. I checked the contents and it only gives me how many kb.it holds.
I compress them in a zip file and when I open and have a file folder click on the file and I end up  back with the white square. I don’t know what more I can do. I am file illiterate I suppose. Any help please. — Randy
Solution: Hi Randy. Hopefully those photos (with solid white boxes) are still readable or haven’t been corrupted yet. If you can’t open them on your phone, try to connect your device to a computer and see if it can detect and open the files.
The fact that your phone only displays them as white solid boxes is one indicator that they are most likely corrupted. Corrupted files usually no longer works properly, which means that devices trying to access and read them may not open them at this time. Most of the time, corrupted documents, photos, or videos are non-repairable so there’s really nothing much that we can do. If your computer won’t be able to open them, that’s means that those files are gone.
While not impossible, it’s rare for a file to become corrupted. The most common cause for having files get corrupted though is when something happens when files are being saved. Sometimes, an app trying to save a file may suddenly stop responding in the middle of the process, or the SD card may be removed, or the device is powered off.
To lessen the chances of files from getting corrupted in the future, make sure that you don’t interrupt the app or device when in the middle of saving something. Avoid turning off the phone when trying to move files from one storage device to another, or simply stretch your patience a little bit longer when your appears to take some time saving a file.

No comments: