Samsung Galaxy S4 Display Won’t Turn On After Getting Wet

Samsung Galaxy S4 Display Won’t Turn On After Getting Wet.
Problem: I dropped my phone in water but have a case on. the phone didn’t seem to get wet but I took the case off to make sure all was dry and apart to make sure it was ok. When I put it back together it gave me the android pic and factory mode do not turn off, I think I turned it off by accident in my pocket. Now the screen wont turn on only the home lights on the bottom. And the colored led lights how can I fix this problem
Solution: If your phone got dropped in water then you should assume that it’s internal hardware got wet. Remove the battery and case then place the phone in a bag of rice for at least 48 hours. The rice will absorb the moisture inside the phone. After 48 hours press and hold the power button for at least a minute before reinserting the battery. Try to turn  on your phone. If it doesn’t turn on connect it to its wall charger and let it charge for at least 20 minutes. Turn on your phone with the charger still connected.If it doesn’t turn on then check if you can access the recovery mode. In this mode you should consider doing a factory reset. Take note that this will delete your phone data.
If the issue persists then you should bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked.

No comments: