Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Will Not Charge Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Will Not Charge Issue.


Note 4 Will Not Charge
Problem: I just paid $470 for my new Note 4 and it will not charge to 100%.  I will plug it in at night at 60% and by the time I wake up 6-7 hours later it’s only at 70%.  It says it’s fast charging. I am using the cable that came with it.  The “fast charging” section is checked.  My husband is already pissed I already spent this much on a new phone….any help would be awesome!
Solution: If this is a new phone then it should be able to charge properly unless there are issues with the hardware or software. Even with fast charging not checked the phone should charge to 100% in a span of 7 hours.
The first thing that you should check in this case is to verify if the charger is getting continuous power from the power outlet. Try charging your phone from a different outlet then check if the battery charge rises.
The next thing you should check is the charger itself. Sometimes, even if the charger is new, it will have some issues. Try using a different charger and different charging cord when charging your phone.
Moving to the phone itself, a software issue can also cause the device to charge slowly. In this case I suggest you backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete do not install anything in your phone yet. Instead, charge your device and check if the problem disappears.
If the issue remains even after a reset then you should consider returning the device and asking for a replacement if it is still under warranty.

No comments: