GALAXY S6 LAUNCHER ISSUE

GALAXY S6 LAUNCHER ISSUE

GALAXY S6 LAUNCHER ISSUE.

I have run into this issue several times on my GS6 Edge+, usually after installing a new app. The problem is that it does not seem to be any one app that causes the issue. I’ve been able to recreate the issue multiple times with multiple apps. It has happened on apps installed from the Play Store, the Amazon App Store, and even just installing APIs I have downloaded. Further complicating the issue is that the error is not specific to TouchWiz. I get the same “(whatever launcher I am using) has stopped” error with any launcher I use on the device. I have been able to recreate the error using Nova Launcher Pro, Apex Launcher Pro, Next Launcher, Action Launcher 3, Google Now Launcher, Arrow Launcher, etc. It does not matter if the 3rd party launcher was installed before or after the error message starts occurring, I still have no way of accessing my home screen once the error begins. Clearing the cache for any/all of the launchers does not seem to have any effect on the browser. The only thing that I have found to get rid of the error is a master reset, which is a royal pain considering I usually wind up getting the error again when trying to reinstall my apps. Ironically, I can load the exact same apps on my LG G4 and never get the issue, which leads me to believe that the error actually resides within TouchWiz even though it is affecting all launchers, Samsung’s customization of the Android OS, or something within Android 5.1.1 (The LG has 5.1 on it). I don’t expect you to be able to tell me exactly how to fix the issue based on the information I’ve provided because I know it contains a lot of variables, I’m just wondering if you’ve run into this error before where it actually affects all launchers, not just TouchWiz? Any suggestions? — Chris
Solution: Hi Chris. We’ve heard of some launchers crashing and leading to similar error you encounter but not almost all them in one device. The problem may be related to your S6, or may be caused in part by a separate third party app. It’s impossible to know the exact cause for an issue like this so finding the solution can only be done by trial-and-error. That master reset seems to be the only solution so far may suggest that your phone’s firmware is unable to handle a running launcher. Again, this may be a specific firmware glitch happening only to your phone, or may be triggered by another app. Whatever the true cause, it looks like this is only happening to your S6. We’ve come across almost all problems with the S6 but never this.

No comments: