Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Went Black After Getting Wet By Soda

Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Went Black After Getting Wet By Soda.
Problem: Was carrying my phone in a bag and my soda leaked onto my phone.  I took it apart immediately wiped it down, took out the battery, checked for any more liquid and found none.  Put the phone back together, used it for about an hour then the screen went black.  The phone is on, the lights on the bottom work, but no screen….took it back apart, put it in rice bag overnight…no help
Solution: The difficult part about troubleshooting a water damaged phone is that the issues may not show immediately. It could take hours, days, or even weeks before the the issue shows up after the phone gets wet. In this case, the screen is not working after an hour of getting wet. Try to check if you are able to start your phone in recovery mode. If you can access this mode then I suggest you do a factory reset. Do this at your own risk since your phone data will be deleted.If you are unable to access the recovery mode then the phone display could be damaged by the soda. I suggest you bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked.

No comments: