Galaxy Note 4 lag and apps problems after an update, other problems

Galaxy Note 4 lag and apps problems after an update, other problems

The #GalaxyNote4 is a great Android device, no doubt, and it has proven itself over the years. Sporting amazing hardware during it’s release, the Note 4 continues to amaze users even now. Just like any other electronics though, the Note 4 is not perfect and still suffers hiccups from time to time. Below are some of the reported problems we gathered from our readers:

PROBLEM #1: GALAXY NOTE 4 FINGERPRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Hello. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and have been experiencing a specific issue involving the fingerprint scanner. My phone had previously been secured with my fingerprint ever since I bought it but just recently stopped showing up on my lock screen and instead automatically defaults to swipe to unlock. When I go to the lock screen settings it still says it is secured with fingerprints. I have tried changing the security and changing it back to fingerprint but when I lock the phone it still says swipe to unlock. When I reset the phone it will allow me to use my fingerprint upon initial startup but won’t if the phone is locked after that. I have also tried clearing my system cache as well as force stopping the fingerprint application and the issue remains.  Any insight on this would be helpful. Thanks. — 
Solution: Hi . The only issue we encounter with phones using fingerprint scanner is the sensor’s failure to recognize fingerprints. Your case may only be happening on your Note 4. Try booting in safe mode before testing the scanner again. Booting Galaxy Note 4 in safe mode will temporarily disable all third-party or download apps leaving pre-installed ones and core services running. This procedure can help you determine if one of your apps is causing a problem. Here are the steps on how to boot in safe mode:
  • Turn off the phone completely.
  • Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down key.
  • When the phone starts to boot, release the Power key but continue holding the Volume Down key until the phone finished restarting.
  • Safe mode will be display at the lower left corner; you may release the Volume Down key now.

No comments: